LinkedIn is a great resource to use to brand yourself professionally and your business. But how do you go about using it? The Insurance Marketing HQ team has put together some simple steps to help insurance agents get started with LinkedIn and utilizing it in an effective manner.
- Completely fill out your profile. This is the first step in branding yourself as a professional in the industry. Fill out your full bio, along with past experiences, mention any awards or certifications you have, and INCLUDE a picture. You want 100% completeness for your LinkedIn profile.
- Ask for recommendations. People you have done business with and past clients or colleagues who will help your reputation.
- Create a company profile. This can be done by going to the “Companies” then “Add a company” tab and filling out your information.
- Join groups. Whether it is a geo-specific group or industry group, joining a group on LinkedIn allows you to share relevant information with prospects and get the name of the agency out there. You can do a simple search in the groups directory.
- LinkedIn Answers. Search LinkedIn Answers to find questions that relate to insurance. A business could be inquiring about a certain type of coverage they need… you should be there to answer. Also, the more questions you answer the higher your profile is ranked on LinkedIn search.
Generally LinkedIn is a place to network and connect with other businesses, their owners, and employees. It all does back to the goal of social media for insurance marketing—to get your agency brand and name out there, and find leads via social networking and share your expertise.