A few weeks ago, I covered 15 different movies that you could incorporate into your blog posts in order to make them much more interesting and shareable. Why should the fun end at the movies? There are tons of television series that can also be thrown into your insurance marketing strategy mix!
If your readers are able to relate to the content that you are writing, you are sure to hit home. Bonus points if you can add a touch of comedy to your post!
Here are ten television series that deserve to be blogged about:
- The Office; Michael Scott lives on! Look back on seasons one and two… Michael hitting an employee with his car; Dwight staging a fire in the office; Michael putting Dwight in charge of group benefits. These episodes SCREAM the need for business insurance!
- Dexter; Our favorite serial killer is always getting himself into trouble… never mind his victims needing life insurance; he does too!
- Seinfeld; Our four favorite television characters are always getting into trouble! Remember George’s twitching arm? Health insurance is a must! How about the time Jerry’s car was stolen? Auto insurance, life insurance, home insurance… you can find an episode for each one!
- Modern Family; This big, happy family MUST have some sort of life insurance policies in place, right?
- Jersey Shore; Where should I begin? Home insurance for the Jersey Shore house, liability and life insurance for each of the cast members…
- Fear Factor; I would be very surprised if this show and the participants were not heavily insured.
- House; Ah the perfect mix of health, medical, hospital and drama. I see a post on health insurance or even medical malpractice insurance in the near future…
- Family Guy; Lucky for the Griffin’s, life insurance can be designed for every family’s specific needs. I do not think I am crazy to think they will most likely leave Meg off of the coverage… what do you think?
- Mad Men; Smoking in the office, drinking in the office, sexual harassment… there are so many things wrong with these scenes! A business insurance post is definitely worth writing. Employment practices liability anyone?
- Glee; There is always something going on at William McKinley High School! Whether there is a proposal during school hours (jewelry insurance) or an injury on school property (health/business insurance). There is sure to be a few episodes you can turn into a blog!
So, are you convinced that insurance and pop culture can actually work in harmony? The next time you watch an episode of your favorite television series, start taking notes! Chances are, you will have an awesome blog post by the end of the half hour.
As always, share your ideas in the comment section!