Many business owners know that sending out press releases is a great and cost-effective way to create brand awareness and get their name out there. However, a press release is only effective if it is properly written. If you’re considering writing press releases as part of your business’ insurance marketing strategies, consider these writing tips:
- Make sure the information is newsworthy and it is clear how the information contained in the release will be beneficial to readers.
- Start with the actual news announcement and then identify your company as the entity that is making the statement.
- Make sure that the first 10 words of the release are especially effective because you will only have a short amount of time to grab a journalist’s or reader’s attention.
- Avoid overly promotional language and stick to the facts.
- Provide as much contact information as possible, including your individual contact information and the company’s address, phone, fax, email and website. If an inquiry comes in, you do not want to turn the person away by being unreachable.
If press release writing is one of your insurance marketing strategies, it is essential to understand the basics before you start trying to brand and pitch to news sources. Once this foundation is strong, your company can start optimizing releases to build a stronger Web presence.